Saturday, January 24, 2015

Betty Nguyen: Amerasian Role Model

Betty Nguyen is definitely a role model for Amerasians.  I remember when I first watched her on CNN.  I saw this beautiful girl who didn't really look totally Vietnamese, yet she went by the surname, Nguyen.  I kept wondering to myself, she's got to be mixed.  And then one day, she came out on an interview about her Amerasian heritage.  That made me feel really proud.  Seeing Leyna Nguyen reading the news on television already made me proud of being Vietnamese.  But now with Betty Nguyen, an Amerasian, on television took me to a higher level of being proud.

Recently, I've written a biography and tribute about Betty Nguyen on VietCeleb.BlogSpot.com. Check it out.  She's definitely one role model I really look up to.

Link(s):

Betty Nguyen Bio on VietCeleb.BlogSpot.com
Betty Nguyen's Official Website
Help-the-Hungry.org

No comments:

Post a Comment