Sunday, April 26, 2015

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Quoc Anh!

Quoc Anh

Here is an artist whom I deeply admire and have had the privilege of working with on several occasions in the past.  He is what I would consider as a total gentleman.  In a business where quite so often true gentlemen are a scarcity, it truly gives me great comfort to see how there are those who do exist such as Quoc Anh.

When I think about it, this gentleman has truly done it all in the Vietnamese entertainment industry.  He has worked with all of the biggest names among Vietnamese entertainers.  Did you know that he along with Julie Quang were among the first artists to appear on the Paris By Night music video series produced by Thuy Nga Paris?  I remember as a little kid watching this gentleman who looked completely non-Vietnamese sing Tinh Co Nhu Khong, the popular tune written by legendary singer / songwriter Nhat Truong on the Paris By Night stage and was completely mesmerized.  What I didn't know about him until when I had gotten older and had the chance to work beside him was that Quoc Anh is a singer that also has the abilities of singing perfectly in French and English, as well.

I sincerely tip my hat off to this gentleman.  When I think about the wonderful times we've had working together in the past, whether it be at local nightclubs here in Orange County or at shows performing together on the road in faraway places, all I can say about Quoc Anh is that he is a true gem and an ultimate pleasure to work with.  Here's my glass raised way up high to Mr. Quoc Anh, a true gentleman and class act! 

2 comments:

  1. I like him very much. Gentlemanly a handsome one. His voice is unrivaled if I may say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t have the opportunity to meet him but as a kid growing up in Canada I was in love with his singing. He had stage presence and a very unique style. It is with great sadness to find out he recently passed away feb 10, 2021. I wished I had the chance to attend his live performances and purchase his original cds.

    ReplyDelete